Repairing a Recliner

Category Furniture
Certain repairs to your favorite recliner are easy enough for you to make yourself. This is a guide about repairing a recliner.

This is a guide about reupholstering a recliner. Sometimes it is less costly to reupholster a comfortable chair, rather than buy a new one.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My Lane recliner was purchased in 1994. The handle on my recliner just came out of the hole. There is a plastic round piece then the handle goes into the hole. Does anyone know of any way I can fix this? Thanks.

By sarah

Answers

Best Answer

Try calling Lane. We recently did on our 2 recliners that have separate foot stools. All of the parts that were needed were supplied at no charge. They gave us the name of a repair person in our area who came and repaired them like new. We had to pay for his labor but to me it was a lot cheaper than having to replace both recliners.

I have a leather recliner couch and on one side the recliner footrest is broken in half from somebody slamming their feet on it. How would I repair this?

Answers

Best Answer

You probably have a broken spring or lever. Here is a tutorial that will tell you how to fix it: http://www.lazy  rts-replacement/

I repaired a recliner chair. Now I cannot stretch the springs to fit. Is there a way to do this at home?

By Delores Tillman from Vicksburg, MS

Answers:

Repairing a Recliner

Not knowing the exact physical obstacles involved with the chair frame and spring attachment; you'll have to understand the basics of "spring tools". It usually consists of a steel rod with a configuration at one end to rest securely on the piece to which the spring is to be attached. You insert the rod through the spring-hook and the other end to the "piece". Raise the rod to stretch the spring [carefully making sure the rod end does not slip off of the piece] toward the spring-connector. This is not a "fun" task; the rod can slip off of the piece.

Attached is a link to spring tools for automotive brakes, just to help with the explanation. Hope this is not too confusing? mytoolstore.com (03/30/2010)

By Cajun