CraftsOrganizing

Repurposing a Dishwasher Baby Bottle Rack to Store Thread

contest winner icon
I am always looking for something to make my craft supplies easier to store, find, and use. I spotted this at a local thrift store and scarfed it up.

When I see things like this and they are reasonable, I first think of what I could do with it. Then, if I can't think of anything, I often get it till I do.

And sometimes I don't, so it's donated to a local charity. It's never wasted money.

You will need:

1 baby dish washer rack ($1.00)
24 spools of thread ($12.00)
1 roll of Stitch Witchery ($.75)
1 scissors
misc craft supplies

When all four of the rows are locked in the upright position, simply pick what you want to put on each row. I used 24 of the cheapy spools of thread, as they are the only ones with the center that is wide enough.

Then I used some craft supplies like apples, rings, and stitch witchery. I wanted a shorter pair of scissors, but didn't have one. You might and I would advice to use one so you don't get hurt.

Whatever you choose, this is a fun way to display and store things you use often. And, should you have a big project and then don't sew for a while, you can put things away and then fold it flat for storage. N-JOY!!

Total Time: 15 Minutes

Yield: 1

1. When all four of the rows are locked in the upright position, simply pick what you want to put on each row.
  2. I used 24 or the cheapy' spools of thread, as they are the only ones with the center that is wide enough.
  3. Then I used some craft supplies like apples, rings and stitch witchery. I wanted a shorter scissors but didn't have one. You might and I would advice to use one so you don't get hurt.
  4. Whatever you choose, this is a fun way to display and store things you use often. And, should you have a big project and then don't sew for a while, you can put things away and then fold it flat for storage. N-JOY!!
  5. Ad

I just knew this would be a Sandi innovation! Clever lady!

You are too sweet!!