Resetting Your Backup Battery Unit

Category Miscellaneous
Battery backups are common for some utilities; like telephone, internet or cable service. This is a page about resetting your backup battery unit.

My phone provider supplied us with a backup battery. If we lose power, the battery will let us use our landline phone for up to 8 hours. The batteries need to be replaced and cost $50 each. The last one only lasted one year.

I read on a blog that oftentimes you can reset the battery and it can last months or even years.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Source: Blog

• screwdriver

1. Unplug the unit from the wall, take the cover off the unit, disconnect the battery.
  2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
  3. Do the above steps in the reverse order.
  4. I tried this and it seems to be working. It has also eliminated the beeping that lets me know the battery needs to be replaced.
  5. Advertisement

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousFebruary 5, 2018
😎
🐛
📓
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Resetting-Your-Backup-Battery-Unit-1.html