Resetting Your Backup Battery Unit

Category Miscellaneous
Battery backups are common for some utilities; like telephone, internet or cable service. This is a guide about resetting your backup battery unit.

My phone provider supplied us with a backup battery. If we lose power, the battery will let us use our landline phone for up to 8 hours. The batteries need to be replaced and cost $50 each. The last one only lasted one year.

I read on a blog that oftentimes you can reset the battery and it can last months or even years.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Source: Blog

• screwdriver

1. Unplug the unit from the wall, take the cover off the unit, disconnect the battery.
  2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
  3. Do the above steps in the reverse order.
  4. I tried this and it seems to be working. It has also eliminated the beeping that lets me know the battery needs to be replaced.