Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

Here's an idea for a cheap salt bucket. If, like me, you occasionally purchase one of those large tubs of ice cream - the one gallon plus one quart size with a handle and a lid - save at least one tub to fill with salt for winter ice. It's the perfect size to carry out to the front or back walk. Since it has a lid, you can store it in the house without fear of kids or pets getting into or spilling it.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

Added thought, put an extra one in the trunk of the family car, just in case you get stuck somewhere. I will be doing this myself, thanks for the original thought. (12/01/2008)

By Jan

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

Great Idea. I use mine as a Sun Tea maker. I made Sun Tea in the winter on my sister in law's glass enclosed porch. The sun was shining although it was very cold outside, made nice Sun Tea. When I left, my great-nieces asked their Mother for more "Tea in the Bucket". She finally figured out it was my Sun Tea in the Ice Cream Bucket! (12/12/2009)

By Betty Gibson

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

I don't eat buckets of ice cream but my mom gives me a lot of them. I use them for painting, gardening, to carry my tools, play buckets and on and on. (12/13/2009)

By Melissa M.

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

We buy 25 lb bags of dog food and rather than keeping it store in the kitchen, I put it in a big plastic trash can in the utility room. I take one of those ice cream buckets and fill that so I have some close at hand to feed the dogs. It just takes up less space for me. (12/13/2009)

By Betts

For spreading ice melt products I use a milk jug. I cut off the bottom and cut it up a little to make a huge scoop. It has the handle and is easy to use.

🐛
📓
😎
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-08-04 21:59:17 in 579 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reuse-Ice-Cream-Bucket-as-Salt-Spreader.html