Reusing Paper Towels

If you don't have a salad spinner and use paper towels to dry lettuce, reuse the paper towels! Just drape them over a drying rack. They dry very quickly. Then fold them up and store with your kitchen linens until the next salad. You can also dry lettuce in clean dish towels and avoid using paper towels at all!

By Stephanie from Anchorage, AK

Answers:

Reusing Paper Towels

If you have clean water, just give the lettuce and other salad accompaniments a darn good shake. Works for me. (07/16/2009)

By Heather Priems

Reusing Paper Towels

I don't use paper towels. I use a clean kitchen towel. Let it dry to use next time, or throw it in the washer. (07/16/2009)

By OliveOyl

Reusing Paper Towels

I have reused the paper towels that I dry my freshly washed hands on for the next dirty job; like spills, etc. We have recently omitted paper towels from our home but certainly see the cleanliness/convenience factor. Not having paper towels in the kitchen definitely takes some effort and some time to get used to. (07/22/2009)

By patti

Reusing Paper Towels

I'm with Heather, Australia. I just throw the greens into a colander and shake 'em up. (07/30/2010)

By Candy Killion

Reusing Paper Towels

Unsanitary! (07/30/2010)

By janetmarie

Reusing Paper Towels

I go to the remnants section of the fabric store or Walmart and spend less then a dollar and make my own quick dry cloth " paper" towels so I don't have to buy the paper towels.

I originally made them as dinner napkins but they have taken over the house, so we clean with them,
use them as dinner napkins, and also they are good for just using to dry your hands..I wash them and they dry in a hurry. I cut a triangle edge on the ends of the fabric so it wont fray. I don't like kitchen towels, they don't dry worth anything, and they get used up to fast, and then they take forever to dry.

Thought I would share this! We love them, also it is good to wash lettuce and greens in baking soda and water, and rinse them off.

(07/30/2010)

By Robyn Fed