Rice Bean Burgers
These are great and very easy to make. It is basically another way to make rice and beans, but in a patty. They hold up well in the fridge when cooked, and can last for 4 days or more. I did notice they do not freeze well because something really odd happens to rice when it's put in the freezer.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 1 hour
- 5 cups rice, pre-steamed/cooked
- 3.5 cups kidney beans, canned
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 onion
- 5 slices bread
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp sage
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 oz cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic
- Cut up onion, garlic, and spinach if needed. Blend herbs and spices. Make crumbs out of the bread.
- Mash rice and beans with a potato masher.
- Add the spices and some of the bread crumbs.
- Form into patties.
- Spray cookie sheet with Pam or other oil. You could also use parchment paper. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 25 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!