Roasted Chicken and Rice

I just took out a split chicken and went crazy looking at what I had to make something different and this is what happened! And then I even made a leftover dinner for tomorrow or for the freezer! BAM

1. In a deep large skillet, start with chicken broth and rinsed chicken, bring to a boil.
  2. Slice, onion, celery, carrots and add to skillet. Stirring in.
  3. Add all seasonings and stir in well. Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
  4. Check the chicken for being cooked. Its okay if slightly pink. Take chicken out and place it on a casserole dish, pour the butter over it and cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 F.
  5. While that is cooking, stir in the cream of mushroom soup and water. Stirring well until smooth. Bring to a boil and stir in rice, butter and cabbage, bring to a boil, then a simmer for 15 minutes.
  6. When it is time to check the chicken, take it from the bottom rack to the top and turn on the broil on high and watch it until it gets golden brown.
  7. Now, everything should be done. Stir the vegetables, rice and gravy well.
  8. Now its ready to serve. It is quite a good combination of great flavors!
  9. When putting away the leftovers, I put the rice and veggies first in a dish then cut up all chicken into cubes. When I go to use it, I will top it with buttered breadcrumbs and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes. This can be frozen also and go directly into the oven. Longer cooking time.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesNovember 6, 2019
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Roasted-Chicken-and-Rice.html