Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Don't waste any of your pumpkin! These seeds can be flavored with whatever spices you like and make a great snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Up to 45 minutes
Total Time: Under 1 hour
Yield: Depends on how many seeds you have
Source: Adapted from food.com
- pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp oil or melted butter for every 1 1/2 cups of seeds
- Any spices you like (I used Italian herb seasoning and salt for this batch)
- Separate the seeds from the pumpkin strings. Rinse well and put into a colander to drain.
- Put them on paper towels to dry. You will have to change the towels as they get damp. Once they are thoroughly dry, you can proceed to the next step.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put the oil and spices in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Add the seeds and coat well.
- Put the seeds in a single layer on a foil-lined pan.
- Roast for up to 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. They are done when they are golden brown.
Note: I roasted my pumpkin whole, so the seeds were already cooked. It only took 15 minutes for me to roast these seeds.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!