Rocket Paper Twirler Room Decor
This is a fun 2-for-1, craft project and it also doubles as a piece of room decor - featuring a space theme. My son loves space and rocket ships so we made this twirler room decor.
Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time
- hole puncher
- paper plate
- construction paper/paper
- Your child's painting canvas will be the back of a paper plate. Mix or don't mix paint together to achieve the color wanted. We mixed glittery paints to give a fun galaxy effect. Allow to dry.
- Once dried, cut out a circle - the bottom of the plate out.
- Cut spiral shape out like pictured:
- Ready to decorate the paper twirler with stars. I used star shaped stickers. You could draw on stars, use a star paper puncher if you have one, or decorate with your choice of theme.
- Punch a hole in the center with a hole puncher to thread the string through later to hang the twirler.
- To add more decoration to the twirler, use construction paper and cut out shapes to resemble a rocket. Then, glue on it on to the outer spiral.
- For even more decoration, your child can draw some planets and then cut them out to glue onto the twirler.
- Thread string into the hole and secure with a knot. Cut the amount of string you need and it's ready to hang!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!