Making a Rocket Paper Twirler
Make a specialized paper plater twirler. Decorate with paint and then add a construction paper rocket ship and space elements for an excellent bit of decor for your child's room. They can help with the design and construction.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun 2-for-1, craft project and it also doubles as a piece of room decor - featuring a space theme. My son loves space and rocket ships so we made this twirler room decor.
Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time
- hole puncher
- paper plate
- construction paper/paper
- Your child's painting canvas will be the back of a paper plate. Mix or don't mix paint together to achieve the color wanted. We mixed glittery paints to give a fun galaxy effect. Allow to dry.
- Once dried, cut out a circle - the bottom of the plate out.
- Cut spiral shape out like pictured:
- Ready to decorate the paper twirler with stars. I used star shaped stickers. You could draw on stars, use a star paper puncher if you have one, or decorate with your choice of theme.
- Punch a hole in the center with a hole puncher to thread the string through later to hang the twirler.
- To add more decoration to the twirler, use construction paper and cut out shapes to resemble a rocket. Then, glue on it on to the outer spiral.
- For even more decoration, your child can draw some planets and then cut them out to glue onto the twirler.
- Thread string into the hole and secure with a knot. Cut the amount of string you need and it's ready to hang!