Roll Holder Basket
Old-fashioned roll basket!
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 12 inch round template or plate
- sewing needle
- 6 12 inch fabric pieces
- sewing machine
- marking pencil
- Cut out six 12 inch circles of fabric. You can use two coordinating fabrics if desired.
- Pin them right sides together with a 2 inch opening for turning. Sew around with 1/4 inch seams. Trim seams to 1/8 inch and clip around the entire circle. Turn right side out. Fold in opening edges and pin. Top stitch all the way around. Do this for each of the three circles made from six pieces of fabric.
- Mark the top of one of the circles with a marking pencil. Mark into six equal "pie" sections. You may want to use a ruler with 60 degree angle for accurate markings.
- Pin the top of one circle to the top of the next circle. Sew along the lines through the two thicknesses.
- Add the third circle to the bottom of the other two circles. Pin together. In between each of the "pie" sections, find the middle, mark with a pencil, mark a 2 1/2 inch line on each section and sew. This is what it will look like on the underneath side when you are done.
- Sew four snaps to the underside of the bottom or third circle as pictured. Snap together.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.