Root Beer Float Popsicles
Now you can enjoy the flavor of a cold root beer float on a stick. This is a page about making root beer float popsicles.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super easy treat using your favorite vanilla ice cream and root beer, that the kids can help with and enjoy eating. We are already on our 2nd batch in 2 days. It's a nice way to cool down in summer.
Total Time: a few minutes, plus freezing
Yield: As many as you would like
Source: Recipe book called "Pops!" by Krystina Castella
- root beer
- vanilla ice cream
- popsicle molds (I got these at the dollar store). You could use dixie cups and place sticks in the center.
- Scoop some ice cream into your popsicle molds. Don't pack it in too tightly. You want the root beer to go into all those nooks and crannies.
- Slowly add the root beer til it gets close to the top. It will foam up a bit.
- Wait a few minutes, then skim off the foam from the top.
- Add some more root beer until it comes close to the top. Leave a little space for the mix to expand in the freezer.
- Place your popsicle tops in the molds. Or, if you are using Dixie cups, add your stick to the middle of the cup.
- Let mixture freeze in the freezer. It takes a few hours.
November 17, 20150 found this helpful
My son will love these!!