Rose Stems Started Sprouting?

Category Roses
Roses can be grown from cuttings. That being said it is possible for the beautiful roses in your vase to begin to sprout and grow new leaves. If you would like to start plants for your garden this page provides some helpful tips.

Store bought roses started to grow sprouts as they were drying out in my vase. How can I keep them growing? Should I move them to a pot with dirt? Multiple stems are doing it.

Answers

Best Answer

Plant them in a potato. If you live where it is warm enough, plant outside. Otherwise, keep indoors until you can transplant.

September 19th was my birthday, and my daughter graced me with six beautiful long stem roses. The roses came together with some plant food. I carefully placed my beautiful roses in a vase with water and added some of the plant food. I replaced the water with more of the plant food after 4 days and today (Sept. 30) as I saw that the roses were dry I decided to store them in a secure place.

As I emptied the vase, I was carefully drying the stems when i noticed that the stems were growing new leaves! I had never seen this happen before so I quickly placed new water in the vase with the remaining plant food. How soon should I plant the rose stems in pots? Thank you so much for all your assistance.

Sincerely,
Grace

Answers

Here's a link about rooting roses:

www.goldcoastrose.org/.../rooting-roses.htm

Home and Garden Gardening RosesMay 7, 2020
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Rose-Stems-Started-Sprouting.html