PlantingGardening

Roses in Vase Growing New Leaves

Category Planting

September 19th was my birthday, and my daughter graced me with six beautiful long stem roses. The roses came together with some plant food. I carefully placed my beautiful roses in a vase with water and added some of the plant food. I replaced the water with more of the plant food after 4 days and today (Sept. 30) as I saw that the roses were dry i decided to store them in a secure place.

As i emptied the vase, I was carefully drying the stems when i noticed that the stems were growing new leaves! I had never seen this happen before so I quickly placed new water in the vase with the remaining plant food. How soon should I plant the rose stems in pots? Thank you so much for all your assistance.

Sincerely,
Grace

Here's a link about rooting roses:

http://www.gold  ooting-roses.htm