General AdviceConsumer Advice

Running a Refrigerator in Unheated Cold Rooms

I have a trailer up north. What happens if I keep the refrigerator on, with bottled liquid inside, and the heat in the trailer is off during cold winter? It will get below freezing in the trailer during this time.

By Skip

What you are asking is if the refrigerator will actually maintain an above freezing temperature when the outside temp of the room/building is below freezing. I don't know if it will do so, but I would advise against it. Running appliances in below freezing conditions is certainly not what they are designed for. I suppose if you just left these bottled beverages in the building, they would freeze, and the bottles would break. I would not do it, especially if the temperature is very cold -- like -20 or something like that.