Safe Homemade Computer Screen Cleaner

Category Computer
There are a few things found in your house that will make safe cleaners for your computer monitor. This is a guide about safe homemade computer screen cleaner.

You can make this up in little bottles and give one to each child. Use 1 part water and 1 part rubbing alcohol. Removes grease and kills bacteria. Use a micro fibre cloth on phones. Use on television screens, tablets, etc.

I have stopped buying commercial products over a year ago and make all my own stuff now, but I want to clean my computer screen. I am worried about using vinegar, etc. on the screen as I'm not sure how sensitive the screens of laptops PCs are. Can anyone help?

By Full-Monte Den from Montenegro

Answers

I read on the internet somewhere that baby wipes washed windows well. Tried it and though it is not like spring cleaning, it does a nice job, always keep a pack in car, and have used on computer screen, as I feel that if it is soft enough for a baby, then it should not hinder the computer screen.

I have not had a problem. Hope this helps.

Don't bother trying to make your own cleaner for your computer screen. All I do is take a soft cotton rag, dampen it with water, and run it over my screen.

I would recommend using isopropyl alcohol to clean the computer screen. I worked at Kinko's years ago and we would use a cleaner that was mostly rubbing alcohol (it had that distinctive doctor's office smell). When we ran out, we would just use a bottle from the drug store. I have also seen alcohol used for cleaning LCD TV screens. Be sure to use a lint free cloth, like microfiber or one for cleaning eyeglasses.

Anonymous

I use distilled vinegar on my screen once a week with no problem and have had this screen for over two years. I just soak a small portion of a cotton cloth with some distilled vinegar, wipe the screen and then dry the residue with the dry portion of the cloth.

I've used rubbing alcohol for years with no problem. Cheap and easy.

Plain water on a soft cloth is all you need. Make sure the cloth is damp, not dripping. Rub gently on any dried up spots and they will soon come off.

At the worst, you might need a drop of earth-friendly dish soap to loosen something. Then rinse with plain, warm water on a damp cloth. I let my monitors and TVs air dry.

i did one time my computer went out plain old baby oil

What is the recipe for a cleaning solution for a laptop screen?

Answers

I use a lint free cloth dampened with vinegar water

I would use a microfiber cloth moistened with distilled water.