Salted Caramel Butter Bars
December 1, 2020
I love everything caramel. This one looked rich, just like a cookie bar should be.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 14 oz soft caramel candies
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- sea salt
- Cream softened butter and sugars until well combined. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add in flour, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Press one third of dough evenly onto bottom of greased 9 by 13 inch pan. Put remaining 2/3 dough in a plastic bag and chill in fridge. Bake in 325 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until edges are pale golden brown. Let cool about 15 minutes on wire rack.
- While crust is baking, make caramel filling. Place caramels in a glass microwave safe bowl. Add milk or cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute or longer if necessary. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Add vanilla and stir again.
- Pour caramel filling over baked crust. Sprinkle sea salt on caramel layer.
- Remove chilled dough from fridge. Crumble evenly over the caramel filling. Return to bake in oven until filling is bubbly and the topping is firm, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.