Sausage Rigatoni Stew

This is a recipe a dear friend shared with me, I thought it was the most flavorful delicious dish I have ever tasted! I just made it twice in a week. Just so I could share it with all my family! They all flipped!

1. Using a deep wide covered skillet, start with the sausage. Take each sausage, squeeze out of the casing and make small balls and drop them in the skillet. Keep doing this until all 12 sausages are in balls in the skillet.
  2. Heat and brown the sausages until golden brown. Turn heat down, let them cook with the cover on 10 minutes. Then drain most of the oil. Leave a little.
  3. Now, heat on medium, add all minced veggies, stir in well. I mince all the veggies at once in the blender/Processor.
  4. Now add the 3 cans of diced tomatoes, and the 2 cans of tomato sauce. Stirring very well!
  5. Now add spices, sugar and grated cheese. Bring to a boil. Then lower to a simmer covered for 30 minutes.
  6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and olive oil to the water. Add to boiling water the pasta and cook for only HALFWAY. Drain and add a little olive oil, put back into the large pot.
  7. Return to the skillet and add all the cut up squashes. Stir in for only 5-7 minutes.
  8. Now combine both, add the stew to the pasta. Pour it over the pasta, stirring gently not to break the pasta. Stir until all is incorporated. Cover and let sit for a while! This lets the flavors go throughout!
  9. Serve with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese! ENJOY!

Yum! This looks wonderful. I will definitely have to try it.

Oh, well, thank you so very much! It is so easy and flavorful! It actually tastes better the next day! With the shredded Parmesan on top, you will love it! Enjoy!

It looks delicious. Can you tell me how many servings this makes?

Oh, my, It makes a very large stockpot. If serving alone, It could easily feed 8 persons, with maybe leftovers. If serving with a salad & bread, over 12. Even though it only calls for 1 pound of pasta, there is so much sausage & vegetables in this, it fills a pot well. Though, I freeze this in single-serving sizes. For my self and I feed two grandchildren in college. They come up about once a month and come by to empty my freezer! :)

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups StewJanuary 19, 2021
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sausage-Rigatoni-Stew.html