Mama Sue's Sausage Stew
This quick and easy stew is hearty enough for a chilly fall evening or anytime. It is also easy on your pocket. This is a guide about Mama Sue's sausage stew
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Sausage stew is a delicious and easy meal to throw together. It can be made on the stove, in a crockpot or in the oven. As a kid, we ate this meal several times a month. It is one of my favorite comfort foods as an adult. My siblings and I all have slightly different variations of our mom's recipe, this is my version.
- 1 polska kielbasa (I use turkey kielbasa for a healthy substitute)
- 1 lb carrots (I use baby carrots to make prepping easier)
- 2-3 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- fresh parsley
- 2-3 celery stalks (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cut the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Brown the sausage on each side and set aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. If using regular sized carrots cut into 1 inch rounds. If using baby carrots, leave whole.
- In the same pan that you browned the sausage in, sautee the onions until golden brown. Then add the garlic and sautee for a minute. Then add the potatoes and carrots. Add the worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Once the veggies have softened, add the sausage back in and cook for another minute or two, until the sausage is warmed.
- Serve with garlic bread.
October 3, 20140 found this helpful
Sausage stew is an easy meal to throw together. It can be made on the stove, in a crockpot or in the oven. Check out our recipe.