Sausage Stew Recipes
Next time you think about making a big pot of stew, try starting with sausage and go from there. This page contains sausage stew recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
Slice your vegetables, add your sausage, and let your oven do the rest! This made our house smell soooo good! It is a tasty, comforting, winter dinner. The combination of cabbage, potatoes, carrots and mushroom sauce is just so yummy! I never realized how good cabbage was.:)
Total Time: 30 minutes or less prep.
Yield: Around 6-8 main dish servings
Source: Modified from a recipe in "Money Saving Recipes."
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 2ans water
- 21 oz smoked, skinless sausage/kielbasa
- 1/2 head cabbage
- Using a hand held mandolin slicer, slice your carrots, potatoes and onions.
- Rough cut your cabbage into large pieces with a knife. Add all of your vegetables to a greased casserole dish or roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine your 2 cans of soup with 2 cans of water. Pour over your vegetables.
- Slice your kielbasa as you would carrot sticks. Cut your link in half, then quarter each end. Layer these on top of your vegetables.
- Cover your baking dish tightly with foil, bake in a 450 degree F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- This recipe doubles very well. My bake time was doubled for the double recipe, so you may need to bake for less time. Enjoy!
Sausage stew is a delicious and easy meal to throw together. It can be made on the stove, in a crockpot or in the oven.
As a kid, we ate this meal several times a month. It is one of my favorite comfort foods as an adult.
This is an easy weeknight meal that my whole family likes. It is inspired by a recipe of my mother's.
In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cabbage; cover and cook for 10 minutes.Read More...
December 1, 20160 found this helpful
This is a guide about Mama Sue's sausage stew. This quick and easy stew is hearty enough for a chilly fall evening or anytime. It is also easy on your pocket.