Mama Sue's Sausage Stew

Sausage stew is a delicious and easy meal to throw together. It can be made on the stove, in a crockpot or in the oven. As a kid, we ate this meal several times a month. It is one of my favorite comfort foods as an adult. My siblings and I all have slightly different variations of our mom's recipe, this is my version.

1. Cut the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Brown the sausage on each side and set aside.
  2. Chop the onion and garlic. Cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. If using regular sized carrots cut into 1 inch rounds. If using baby carrots, leave whole.
  3. In the same pan that you browned the sausage in, sautee the onions until golden brown. Then add the garlic and sautee for a minute. Then add the potatoes and carrots. Add the worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
  4. Once the veggies have softened, add the sausage back in and cook for another minute or two, until the sausage is warmed.
  5. Serve with garlic bread.