Frogmore Stew Recipes
This classic stew originated in South Carolina and combines shrimp, red potatoes, corn, and sausage for a delectable main dish. This page contains frogmore stew recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Something different and good! You can use frozen corn on the cob (I usually do) instead of fresh corn on the cob
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Source: My recipe file
- 6 qt water
- 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning*
- 2 lb new red potatoes
- 2 lb hot smoked sausage links, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 12 ears corn, husked, cleaned and quartered or frozen corn
- 4 lb large fresh shrimp, unpeeled
* I am giving the original recipe but I have also sent in how to make your own Old Bay Seasoning instead of buying it! Here is a link to my recipe.
- Bring water and seasoning to a boil in a large pot
- Add potatoes, cook for about 15 minutes.
- Then add sausage, cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add corn, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, about 5 minutes, until pink
- Drain and serve.