Save Electricity: Hang Dry Your Clothes

To save on your electricity try hanging your clothes outside. Most permanent slacks come out really well if you hang them outside. Be sure to fold them the way you want them to dry and hang them from the bottom of the pant leg. I hang my clothes outside especially in the summer and it takes no time for them to dry.

By Renee

Answers:

Save Electricity: Hang Dry Your Clothes

I love hanging my families laundry out to dry in Spring and Summer! They dry in no time, they smell great and to me its' very relaxing! My two labs especially love napping underneath the laundry as it blows in the warm breeze!

(04/27/2004)

By Chris, Benson, NC

Save Electricity: Hang Dry Your Clothes

We hang our laundry year-round, spring, summer and fall outside and winter inside. We've found that hanging things inside during the dry, cold months helps add humidity to the air and that helps keep our skin from drying out! (08/06/2004)

By Jill

Save Electricity: Hang Dry Your Clothes

I hang my clothes all year round, I put them directly on the clothes hangers Spacing between, I drape my socks and underwear over a cloth clothesline

Everything dries and takes a lot less space, I use skirt hangers for my towels, I even use 3 skirt hangers for A sheet.
(07/08/2007)

By Babette

Save Electricity: Hang Dry Your Clothes

If you need to soften up some things, such as towels, just pop them in the dryer for 10 minutes after they have dried outside, and you will still save a lot on energy! (07/13/2007)

By Rob

Save Electricity: Hang Dry Your Clothes

you can put them in the dryer and turn it to air drying this doesn't heat them up just fluffs them (07/16/2007)

By suzanne