Saving Money for Pet Medical Expenses

When your pet gets sick or has an accident you need to know ways to afford the cost of care. This page is about saving money for pet medical expenses.

I see a lot of requests for advice about sick pets from people unwilling or unable to go to the vet due to the expense. Here is what has worked for me. I have added pet care into my weekly budget.

I started a savings account. Each payday, the amount I have determined I can afford goes directly into that account. I do not use it for anything except vet costs. It adds up quickly and I always have enough for at least a checkup in that account.

Pets who receive regular checkups have less emergencies in the long run, as trouble can be detected before it is too late. We owe them nothing less.

By Kelly from Portland, OR

Pets AdviceDecember 27, 2012
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-for-Pet-Medical-Expenses.html