Saving Money on Family Photography

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

If the cost of school pictures has gotten too expensive, try this tip. Instead of having the picture taken at school, create your own school pictures. Hang a sheet or blanket on the wall as a backdrop. Have the child stand in front of the backdrop in his/her school clothes. (We had my grandson wear his band pullover.) Using a digital camera and take a few photos.

When you have the one you like, take the camera to one of the many places where you can print out the photos. Create your own package of school photos. Before framing the 8 by 10, we used letters from the scrapbooking section of the craft store to put his name, school, and school year on the bottom of the photo. Behind glass, it looks like the photographer's printing.

By Sandra from PA

More Solutions

We all love those great children's photographs, but who can afford to go to the photographer? Dress your kids for that special photograph. My Granddaughter loves to "Play Dress Up", and take pictures.

Take Your Own Creative Photos

Cindy Bailey

The secret to taking great family portraits is to have a colorful background, have everyone dress in colors that match or contrast with the background, have plenty of natural light, and take the shots as close as possible. -- Cindy added some more tips so if you've already read this, look again! More . . .

My tip involves photography. Today with the help of digital cameras and computers/printers, everyone can be a photographer. One way that I have saved money in this area is I quit visiting photo places like Sears, Walmart, etc. and I started taking my own photos.

Be Your Own Photographer - A photo of a girl colored in black and white.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

5 Questions

Does anyone know how much a family portrait runs? I have 12 people and we want to do a "cousins" photo, but we want to have it done by my friend and pay him a fair fee. Not sure what the sitting fees and portrait prices are for something like that. If anyone knows, please fill me in. Thanks!

Jacqueline from Feasterville, PA

Answers

From my experience, the lowest sitting fee I've seen for professional portrait photographers (so not walmart or sears) was about $50 and that gives you an hour of time with them. Sometimes photographers don't charge a fee but require you to purchase prints, this is how they make their money. I'd say if your friend is just going to take the pictures than have you guys digitally fix them and print them yourselves, then $50 is a fair price for their time. (but that's just from my experience!)
Perhaps you can barter with your friend instead?

By (Guest Post)

Call Walmart, Sears or any local department store that takes pictures and ask.

I know Wal-mart has a $5 sitting fee, that is a flat fee, not per person. We just had our pics done there so I know this for a fact, in my area (CA) anyhow...... good luck..

Answer this Question
Photos FamilyApril 2, 2014
🌻
👒
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Family-Photography.html