Saving a Fire Damaged Table

Category Tables
There are ways you might be able to restore a table that has been damaged by a fire. This is a guide about saving a fire damaged dining table.

Like the title says, the dining table is fire damaged. A friend of mine lost his house due to a fire. I would like to try to find a way to save some of it. His dad made it for him as an anniversary gift. It meant a lot to him and I want to do something with it.

One bench is holding together just fine, and then there is the table top. Most of the table top is burned with a little of the original wood showing. I would like to make the table top into a large family frame and save the bench. So the question is. How can I get the burned wood off without hurting the stronger wood and how do I get the smell mostly out so I can seal it. I am not sure what to use as a seal for it. Thank you for your time and in put.

Answers

Sorry you didn't get any responses, were able to make anything out of it?