Savory Garden Eggs
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
September 26, 2015
We have 17 chickens, and so eat a lot of eggs! I am constantly trying to figure out new ways to prepare them so it keeps mealtime interesting. These are loaded with fresh vegetables, and full of savory flavor. I added tofu hotdogs and Herbs de Provence dressing. That really took them over the top. Yum!
Total Time: 30 minutes?
Yield: 6 main servings
- 16 eggs
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large red tomato, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow tomato, chopped
- 1 cup spring mix greens, chopped and tightly packed when measuring
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large tofu hot dogs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Herbs de Provence dressing...Italian would be a good substitute
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup pepperjack soy cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup cheddar soy cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Chop all your veggies, this is how I cut the tofu dogs.
- Look at all that nutrition!
- Add your eggs, milk, dressing and spices to a bowl. Mix well.
- Melt your butter in a large pan over high heat.
- Add your chopped veggies.
- Add your egg mixture.
- Cook for 9 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cheese and mix slightly. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.