I love the American cheese in these potatoes. I have been known to use a whole cup instead of just 3/4.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup grated American cheese
- Peel potatoes and slice medium thin.
- Prepare white sauce by cooking together butter, flour, salt, and milk.
- When white sauce is thickened, add grated American cheese. Remove from heat immediately.
- Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and bake, uncovered, in moderate oven for 1 hour (375 degrees F). Use a 2 qt. casserole dish.
By Robin from Washington, IA