Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Recipes

Category Casseroles
Adding ham to your scalloped potato casserole makes it even more of a hearty comfort food meal. Try some of these delicious scalloped potatoes and ham recipes.

An old stand-by of my mom's.

• 5 cups pared potatoes, sliced thin
  • 1 lb. cooked, smoked ham, cut in pieces
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • dash pepper
  • butter or margarine

Directions:

Place potatoes in greased 2 quart casserole. Layer potatoes and ham, finishing with a top layer of potatoes. Mix soup, milk, onion, and seasonings. Pour over potatoes and ham. Dot with butter. Cover and bake slowly at 300-325 degrees F for 1 hour. Uncover and continue to bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are done. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 3/4 Hours

By Robin from Washington, IA

Last night, I needed something fast for supper. In the fridge, had some leftover veggies and a package of ham slices. I took a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and sprayed it with nonstick cooking spray. I took 3 boxes of Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes (I'd gotten cheaply with coupons and a store sale). I placed 2 boxes of the dried potato slices in the baking dish, covering the bottom, tossing the drained veggies over the potatoes.

Then I rinsed, drained and sliced the packaged ham slices and placed over the veggies. Then I placed the dried potatoes from the third box of BC scalloped potatoes over the ham.

While the oven was heating up, I mixed the required water, milk, cheese packets from the BC scalloped potato boxes, along with a bit of olive oil, mixed well and poured slowly into the baking dish, making sure to moisten all the potatoes before placing in the heated oven (as per package directions) for 25-45 minutes or until brown.

The scalloped potato mixes would have just been a side dish, but preparing it this way, it became a main course, with not much more work or time required.

By Terri from NV

In two large bowls, combine soups and milk. Add potatoes and ham; toss to coat. Divide among four greased 9x13 inch baking dishes.

This page contains crockpot ham and potatoes recipes. Your slow cooker can produce a flavorful, tender stew while you are doing other things.

Crockpot Ham and Potatoes

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJune 18, 2018
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Scalloped-Potatoes-and-Ham-Recipes.html