Main DishesRecipes

Ham and Scalloped Potato Dinner

Last night, I needed something fast for supper. In the fridge, had some leftover veggies and a package of ham slices. I took a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and sprayed it with nonstick cooking spray. I took 3 boxes of Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes (I'd gotten cheaply with coupons and a store sale). I placed 2 boxes of the dried potato slices in the baking dish, covering the bottom, tossing the drained veggies over the potatoes. Then I rinsed, drained and sliced the packaged ham slices and placed over the veggies. Then I placed the dried potatoes from the third box of BC scalloped potatoes over the ham.

While the oven was heating up, I mixed the required water, milk, cheese packets from the BC scalloped potato boxes, along with a bit of olive oil, mixed well and poured slowly into the baking dish, making sure to moisten all the potatoes before placing in the heated oven (as per package directions) for 25-45 minutes or until brown.

The scalloped potato mixes would have just been a side dish, but preparing it this way, it became a main course, with not much more work or time required.

By Terri from NV

By karifl (Guest Post)

Hi Terri
This sounds really yummy! And it is easy too. I will certainly be trying this one. Thanks for sharing!