Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

I have some Patent leather shoes that I get scuff marks on and I would like to know if any one know of a way I can get these marks out of my shoes.

Lip314

Answers:
WD-40 02/11/2005
Try WD-40, it works on a lot of other scuff marks, maybe it will work for this.
By Barbie (Guest Post)
Vaseline 02/12/2005
You might try a little Vaseline. When I was little my Mom would polish them with it.
By (Guest Post)
A Tennis Ball 02/13/2005
I know tennis balls remove scuff marks off of floors. You could try rubbing a tennis ball on it.
By Jill (Guest Post)
Toothpaste 02/14/2005
Try buffing the scuff marks with a bit of toothpaste. Add just a few drops of water to it (you don't want it too runny, but just moist enough to be workable). My mom used to use toothpaste on scuff marks on her white patent leather shoes. I have used it successfully not only on shoes, but also on white appliances that had marks on the surface that other cleaners would not remove very well. Toothpaste has just enough abrasives in it to polish stuff without marring the finish. It could probably also be used on any smooth surface that can be exposed to water. When finished, remove the residue with a damp cloth.
By P. (Guest Post)
Magic Eraser 02/27/2005
My daughter's shoes were covered in scuff marks from one day at school, and I used the magic eraser and it all came off without a lot of effort.
By mrs533fd
Nail Polish Remover 04/02/2005
To remove scuffs from little girl's (and boys) patent leather shoes, just take a tissue with a small amount of nail polish remover. Rub lightly over the scuff and it is gone immediately. Be careful not to do it too often or get it on the surrounding areas.
By Debbie A.
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 04/12/2005
I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on my sons black tuxedo shoes that had a huge white scuff across the toe. It was great. Don't rub too hard and buff it immediately after using the Eraser. The shoes look like new.
By Melanie (Guest Post)
Nail Polish REMOVER 07/16/2005
The nail polish REMOVER worked great! (I think Nicole left that word out of her post). I used non-acetone with a paper towel and the scuff marks came off effortlessly from red and pink patent leather. The Magic Eraser did not work on my shoes.

Thanks all!

By DQ (Guest Post)
Nail Polish Remover 03/01/2006
Definitely use the nail polish remover. I did and it worked great! I'm so glad I did!!
By Janice (Guest Post)
Nail Polish Remover Worked OK 04/13/2006
I used the fingernail polish remover and it worked but I had to keep scrubbing and it still left some of the scuff on them but they look much better than before. Thanks! P.S. You just saved my pink patent leather pumps from Steve Madden.
By kala (Guest Post)
Nail Polish Remover Worked 04/14/2006
I just wanted to let you all know that this forum saved me. I was so scared that my pink pumps were too scuffed to wear for Easter and I tried the magic eraser without success. So i went to google and typed in "How to get rid of scuff marks on shoes" and this forum came up and the nail polish remover WORKED! I am so excited! Thanks so much!
By (Guest Post)
Vaseline 04/16/2006
Vaseline also works on removing scuffs. It takes some firm rubbing but gets it off well, and keeps the shine on the shoes.
By (Guest Post)
Alcohol 04/16/2006
My granddaughter got brown heel marks all over her new pink patent shoes. Her mother put a few drops of alcohol on a tissue, it wiped off like magic! What a relief, it was her new Easter Shoes.
By Helen Neuhaus (Guest Post)