AdvicePets

Service Dog Assistance for Low Income Person

Where in the San Fernando Valley, California can I get free vet, grooming, and food for a dog? I will be going to get a rescue dog to be my service dog. I am very low income and handicapped and need this dog for my health, but have no money for vets, food, etc. that my dog will need. If I can't get the things that my dog will need, then I just can't get a dog to help me. Any help you can give me is very much appreciated.

Need a little clairfication:
Why do you believe you need a service dog?
Will the "rescue" dog you plan to get actually be a specially trained service dog for disabled people or that you plan to have a trainer train a rescue" dog to be your service dog?

There are not many programs that provide free veterinary care, food, etc., for service dogs or any other dogs. However, the Humane Society has a listing of possible low cost or free providers for service dogs and pets. Each has their own requirements so you would have to provide whatever they need to make a decision to provide any benefit. The site is listed below-the first page has a list of all providers in each state so you can scroll down to find providers in your area of California.

http://www.huma  20service%20dogs

You cannot get free food, vet AND grooming for a dog. You may be able to get one of the three, but not all the time.

You have to have a source of income to care for a dog. If you can find a program that will give you a service dog they may also pay for the dog's care, but I somehow doubt it, since programs like this cost money and often rely on donations themselves.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer. Start by contacting organizations that provide service dogs to the disabled. They can give you much more information.

I'm in Eastern El Paso County, Colorado. I live on 723.00 SSI per month. I am disabled. PTSD, Agoraphobia, panic, anxiety and depressive dissorters.

I have Fybromayalgia, and am hypoglycemic. I cannot afford a dog. I feel I would benefit as I am alone and spend most of my time sleeping waiting for the days to pass. Can you help me to find the right place. Thank you

If you are a veteran, they will help. At least to get u the dog, training and vet help. They won't pay for food, grooming, etc. Hoping this helps. I am a veteran and so is my hubby. We are both disabled and so is our daughter. I want to get a service dog for my hubby, do to his mobility and ptsd. Going to ask his doctor for a prescription for the service dog.