Sesame Garden Fish Bake Recipe

Category Fish
Frozen or fresh fish fillets combined with garden produce can be baked into a tasty, easy to prepare meal. This is a guide containing a sesame garden fish bake recipe.

I had a bunch of fish in the freezer and veggies from my garden that I wanted to use up. This is what I came up with, and it tasted real good. :) The cool thing about this recipe is that you don't even have to defrost your fish before cooking!

Total Time: About 20-30 minutes prep

Yield: 6 servings

Source: Self

• 6 frozen fish filets, any will do, but I used tilapia
  • 1/2 large crookneck squash, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 1/2 large zucchini, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 3 large okra, sliced
  • 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 8 tsp olive oil
  • 8 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp sea salt

1. First you will chop your veggies.
  2. This is the size you'll want to cut it. Repeat with your zucchini and potatoes.
  3. Slice the okra thin.
  4. Place your frozen fish in a large glass baking dish. Sprinkle half of your oil, honey and seasonings over your fish, add your veggies. Sprinkle the remaining half of your oil, honey and seasonings.
  5. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for around 40 minutes. I usually cover my dish with foil. Remove your foil and then bake another 5-10 minutes if desired. Enjoy!

Wow! Great way to use up all those garden veggies.

This is probably delicious but how is it even remotely Asian? Only the sesame seeds provide a hint of Asian cuisine. It doesn't even use sesame seed oil, soy sauce, scallions or ginger -- all staples of Asian cuisine, especially soy sauce. And none of those vegetables are Asian.

I bet most people in Asia have never eaten crookneck squash, zucchini or American okra (Chinese okra is mushy but not gummy). Finally, baking is not an Asian cooking technique. They prefer steaming, which is why their breads and cakes are usually steamed.

Editor's Note: We have modified the title and removed the word "Asian".

I agree this is not Asian in any way. But that's an easy fix. Just remove "Asian" from the name when copying the recipe.

Editor's Note: We agree and have removed "Asian" from the title.