Setting the Table for Thanksgiving

Category Decorations
Because of the traditional importance of the meal on this holiday, setting and decorating the table to mark the celebration is important. This is a guide about setting the table for Thanksgiving.

I use all white dinnerware and all white accessories and serving pieces, much more than is pictured.

The idea I came up with this year was the napkin decorations. I used the matching linen napkins to the tablecloth, and folded them with the flatware and fall leaves inside. I thought it looked so festive.

For the big feast, I will have my family Heirloom Turkey platter in the middle of the table. Until then, I will keep my giant glass pumpkin centerpiece in the middle.

Also, when the day arrives, I will have opened up my dining room table with 2 more leaves to seat 8 around this table and more tables and chairs, depending on the size, not quite sure yet!

Happy Thanksgiving to all at Thrifty Fun!