Shake Bottle With Dish Soap Or Detergent

To clean the inside of a bottle, rinse obvious debris out. Then put two tablespoons of powdered, automatic dishwashing detergent in the bottle. Or place one tablespoon salt, and one teaspoon dish soap in bottle. Add very hot water until 1/3 full.

Cover opening with thumb. Shake bottle, up and down, from side to side, and forward and backward. Make certain you mix it up in every angle of the bottle.

If it foams too much, re-do this procedure with less dish soap. You may increase the salt this time.

By 'Miss' Bonnie from Denver, CO

What is the purpose here?

I'm puzzled too.
Marg

Editor's Note: A process to clean the inside of an old bottle.

Thanks Ed. Crushed eggshells work too.
Marg from England.

hi miss bonnie I found a message in a bottle a couple days ago in the ocean waves at the seaside beach and I want to know what I should do with it or how I should go about taking the message out it did have a little bit of water in the bottle but I'm just not sure what to do with it and you can you give me some ideas or advice

If you're using 'very hot water' it's probably not a good idea to cover the opening of the bottle with your thumb and then shake the bottle up and down... very hot water causes burns.