Sharing Your Blessings

Category Community
Take a look around you. There may be people very close that you may be able help. This is about sharing your blessings.

I live in west Michigan, which is experiencing unemployment rates far higher than the national average. I live on Social Security Disability with a small allowance for food stamps. In these days of turmoil and furor, I like to count my blessings, and there are plenty of them.

At the moment, I'm working with my church to see if there's an individual who is facing homelessness so that I can bring her into my home and share what I have with her so she can get back on her feet and move forward. I'm also working with my neighbors to plant a number of small gardens in which to grow veggies and flowers for sharing with each other and with local food banks or soup kitchens.

And believe it or not, I've even taken on running a coupon-swap here so that everyone can take advantage of whatever's on sale. We don't have double coupon redemption plans here, but our food prices are much lower than elsewhere.

Take a look around you. Are your neighbors keeping odd hours? Do they still go to work every day? Do their kids look like they usually do? If not, then they're probably going through a struggle that only you can help with. If they're polite and refuse any help, like a casserole or a trip to the store, just say to them "Please don't steal my blessing. I really want to do this for you." You'll find a smile is usually the response, and perhaps they'll even open up a bit about their predicament and give you, or someone else, a way to share what you have or what you've experienced to help them positive.

It's a small thing, but it can reap great benefits for all. And if it's you that's having the difficult time, please don't be shy about asking for help. It'll make their day to know that they can have a positive effect on today's troubles.

Just wanted to share this. These are certainly "less is more" days. Learn to cherish them and enjoy the simple life once more. God bless.

By Polly

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Better Living CommunityMarch 25, 2018
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sharing-Your-Blessings.html