Shortbread Cookie Recipes

Category Cookies
Delicious melt in your mouth shortbread cookies are popular with many cookie connoisseurs. This page contains shortbread cookie recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

My mom is 85 years young. Every Christmas she makes these cookies along with a few of her others. This shortbread recipe is delish! They melt in your mouth, and the recipe makes a large amount.

They keep well in the freezer if you don't eat them all first! Great with a cuppa tea or coffee.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and egg yolk together. Add dry ingredients, then mix all together well will become a slightly stiff dough. With your hands, roll into 1 inch balls and flatten with a floured fork. Bake till golden brown.

Servings: 12 Dozen
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 -15 Minutes

By Donna from Foymount, Ontario

For pecan and shortbread lovers ;-)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, sugar, butter, salt and pecans. Press dough evenly into the bottom of a greased 8x8 inch baking dish and bake until golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.

Cool slightly, cut in to desired serving sizes and remove from baking dish.

Source: Can't remember for certain but I think it was a Martha Stewart recipe.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

You can use any flavor of jam instead of raspberry if you would like to. My next favorite is apricot.

Directions:

Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low and add flour. Beat until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Make indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb. Fill each indentation with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of jam.

Bake cookies for about 14 to 18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets and cool completely.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This is one of my favorite recipes because I am able to use my own organically grown lavender and mint. I was searching for recipes to use my lavender and came across this one for shortbread.

Shortbread cookies are perfect for the holiday season. This page contains a Christmas shortbread cookie recipe.

Christmas shortbread in a variety of shapes.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesAugust 2, 2013
🎃
🍂