Shrinking a Leather Skirt

Category Repairing
While some leather products such as shoes can be shrunk a bit if worn wet, altering the size of a skirt is a different situation. This is a guide about shrinking a leather skirt.

I need to shrink a leather skirt. I'm seeing all theses things like put them in a dryer, wear the clothes wet to form to your body, but how do I know if these things are true? Help please.

Answers

Best Answer

You cant shrink a leather skirt without ruining it. Find someone who can sew on leather and have the skirt cut down to the correct size

Soaking leather and wearing it while it dries / conforms to a desired shape works really great with footwear (ever mindful of the shoe or boot being real leather; some of the imitations can fool us). I don't know how well this would work for a skirt, but I'm guessing you'll run into trouble if it's lined. I'm with Lizzy on this: find a good tailor to (carefully) take it apart, cut away some of the garment and re-sew it to fit you. If you have a sewing machine, it's not onerous. Good luck!

I agree with the previous posters. I think you would ruin it if you attempted to shrink it. Take it to a seamstress and have it made smaller.