Simple Paint Chip Mother's Day Cards

Here is a simple tutorial on how you could use sample paint chips (that you may have from previous painting projects) and incorporate them into Mother's Day cards. Here are 2 cards I made - one for my mother and one for my mother-in-law.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. I personally didn't want the words showing so I trimmed the paint samples down to a rectangle and sized them to fit my blank card horizontally.
  2. As a nice accent, I used this paper punch on opposite sides. If you don't have a paper punch design, don't worry - you could leave it as is. And put a colored border underneath, or make your own creation.
  3. Figure out where you would like to glue the paint chips and position in place. For this card, I personally liked the horizontal layout best.
  4. Advertisement

5. Time to salvage stickers that I have. I was able to use my green stickers to spell out MOTHERS.
  6. To spell out "Day", I was missing a "y". So, this is where time adds up because you have to put on your thinking cap and be creative on how to utilize the left over stickers. I was able to transform "g" to "y" by trimming off the top of the "g".
  7. Same approach for Happy. I had the H & Y, but I needed to improvise "app". What helps me is jotting down the letter I need to improvise so I have an idea of what I'm working with (sticker wise). For the "a", I used a "u" and an "o". For the Ps I used (1) "d" and the other "l" and part of the "o" to create a "p".
  8. Advertisement

9. For the next card, I used the same concept (trim another paint sample), punched the paper design out and this time I placed and glued the paint sample diagonally.
  10. Trim off the excess.
  11. Think of what phrases you could make while utilizing sticker scraps. I was able to come up with Best MOM!

Holidays and Parties Mothers Day Crafts CardsMay 5, 2020
👒
👔
🌻
🐛
😷

Generated 2020-05-10 08:50:52 in 986 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

CardsCrafts