Making Simple Paint Chip Mother's Day Cards
Leftover paint chip samples are a useful craft supply. Here they are incorporated into the making of a lovely Mother's Day card. Learn how below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a simple tutorial on how you could use sample paint chips (that you may have from previous painting projects) and incorporate them into Mother's Day cards. Here are 2 cards I made - one for my mother and one for my mother-in-law.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- paint chip samples
- cardstock or blank card
- glue stick
- paper punch design
- I personally didn't want the words showing so I trimmed the paint samples down to a rectangle and sized them to fit my blank card horizontally.
- As a nice accent, I used this paper punch on opposite sides. If you don't have a paper punch design, don't worry - you could leave it as is. And put a colored border underneath, or make your own creation.
- Figure out where you would like to glue the paint chips and position in place. For this card, I personally liked the horizontal layout best.
- Time to salvage stickers that I have. I was able to use my green stickers to spell out MOTHERS.
- To spell out "Day", I was missing a "y". So, this is where time adds up because you have to put on your thinking cap and be creative on how to utilize the left over stickers. I was able to transform "g" to "y" by trimming off the top of the "g".
- Same approach for Happy. I had the H & Y, but I needed to improvise "app". What helps me is jotting down the letter I need to improvise so I have an idea of what I'm working with (sticker wise). For the "a", I used a "u" and an "o". For the Ps I used (1) "d" and the other "l" and part of the "o" to create a "p".
- For the next card, I used the same concept (trim another paint sample), punched the paper design out and this time I placed and glued the paint sample diagonally.
- Trim off the excess.
- Think of what phrases you could make while utilizing sticker scraps. I was able to come up with Best MOM!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.