Simple and Fun Burlap Wrapped Country Wreath
July 3, 2020
I wanted to do another one of my "make it, shoot it, share it, and reuse it" crafts. So I got out my gorgeous ribbon, which is a mix of country burlap and patriotic colors. I hope you like it.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 foam wreath ring 14"
- 30 ft ribbon with lamé threads
- 2 scraps of burlap
- 1 wooden star
- 2 metalic tulle scraps
- 20 straight pins
- 6 ft scrap blue solid fabric
- This foam wreath ring has been used for a few projects and you might recognize it. It's sure been faithful! I began by wrapping the ribbon around the ring and found it to be a bit too wide. But I didn't want to cut it in half, for fear it would unravel.
- So you can see the wrinkles. Use some that is a bit narrower. I would go with just an inch.
- Once it was wrapped, using pins to secure it instead of glue, it was ready to be adorned but not too much.
- I cut the metallic tulle about 14" long so I could gather it a bit. Doing that with the red and the tan, I wrapped them with the twine and pinned them on.
- The scrap burlap and wooden star made the easy hanger. The blue fabric was ripped, and I made a simple bow out of it. I had already glued the star to this for another project, so nothing to plug in on this one.
- With the goodies pinned on, it's now ready to display in my window or door. When the holiday is over, I will take it apart and make something else out of it. This keeps my costs to almost nothing, and doesn't create more bulk in my tiny apt. N-JOY!!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.