This pizza is literally made in a skillet on your stove top, with only a quick trip to the broiler to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. It is easy and virtually infinitely variable. Use whatever ingredients you have for the topping. This is a guide about skillet pizza
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
No need to go out for pizza when you can make this at home. The varieties are endless.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 slices
Source: Adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- chopped peppers
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, oregano and salt.
- Stir in water and 2 tablespoons oil to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll into a circle.
- Brush bottom of a 10 to 12-inch ovenproof skillet with remaining oil. Heat pan on medium-high heat.
- Transfer dough to pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Spread with pizza sauce; put on toppings and cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
February 4, 20180 found this helpful
I have never made a skillet pizza before :) Looks tasty!!
February 5, 20180 found this helpful
If you can fit your pan in your toaster oven/broiler you won't heat up the kitchen. This is how I'm going to make it in the summer!