These sweet cupcakes have all the flavors of campfire s'mores, without all the mess. I made them from leftover s'mores ingredients so there was a bit more prep involved.
It would be easy to make them with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Or you could push a large marshmallow directly in the middle of each cupcake. That is probably what I will try the next time I make them. I also plan to sprinkle crumbs on the top before baking, to help emphasize the graham cracker flavor.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (as listed on cake directions)
- 1 cup milk (as listed on cake directions)
- 1/3 cup oil (as listed on cake directions)
- 2 cups marshmallows (about a half a package)
- 2 cups graham crackers (one wrapped section)
- 2 chocolate bars
- Chop marshmallows into small pieces.
- Crush graham crackers, in a ziptop bag.
- Coarsely chop chocolate bars.
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together. Add 1 cup milk instead of water. Stir in marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate until combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 - 20 minutes or until done.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!