Snakes in House

I have found information on keeping snakes away, but now I need to know how to remove them from your home. My son found a snake skin in my closet last night and now I am afraid to find the snake in the house.

By MotherT65 from Woodstock, VA

Answers:

Snakes in House

If you found the skin, the snake has probably shed and returned to the outside, especially this time of year. He will be looking for food (and snakes of the opposite sex). Unless you have a food source inside, ie. mice, frogs, lizards, etc., what you should be looking for is how he got into the house. Snakes can come inside through a small opening. A gap around the dryer vent, a garage door that doesn't close all the way, a missing screen on the crawlspace vents. Just make sure that any areas where the snake can gain entrance are sealed and he won't be able to return. (09/02/2009)

By readingiggits

Snakes in House

We had to call a plumber some time back and he told us when we called him to get mothballs and throw under the house two days before he came out. I thought by that he should know what he is talking about. I know that mothballs smell awful, but when it comes to snakes I could put up with the smell more than I could put up with a snake being in my house. (09/02/2009)

By Barbie62