Something is Eating Plant Roots

The roots of your plants are a tasty meal for a number of burrowing animals and insects. This is a guide about something is eating plant roots.

I an having a problem with something eating the roots of certain plants, especially roses. The rose or plant will suddenly look as though it is wilted, when I check it just pulls right up out of the ground and the roots have been chewed on. My irises and daffodils seem fine, but I can't keep anything else in my flowerbeds. Any suggestions?

By Brenda

Answers

Sounds like slugs, are cut worm. Dig the rose up is the suggestion and move it. They killed a pretty patch of flowers for me too and I dug 15 slugs out of the soil. Also you can put a small saucer of beer where they will feed at night time.