Spaghetti alle Cockle
This recipe is simple, yet delicious! You can substitute clams, mussels, shrimps or even lobster for the cockle.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 2 lb cockle
- 5-6 cloves minced garlic
- 3-4 Tbsp parsley
- 1 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pasta water
- Put the cockles in 2 cups water with 1 Tbsp. salt to remove the sand in their bodies and set aside. Allow cockles to sit in the water while you prep your ingredients.
- Follow instructions for your spaghetti pasta and cook. After cooking, drain and keep 1 cup of pasta water for later use.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley.
- Over medium heat, add oil and sauté minced garlic.
- Drain cockle, add to pan and pour wine. Cover and allow cockles to simmer. Shake and make sure cockles cooked when they are opened. Pour cockles out into a bowl.
- Add pasta and pasta water into the pan. Toss pasta until water is absorbed. Then add chopped parsley and cockles then mix.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!