Speech for Receiving an Award

I have been nominated by my granddaughter's school, grandmother of the year, and am receiving an award at an event. How should I say thank you in a small speech, including principal, teachers, etc.?

Best Answer

I would start by thanking them for bestowing the award on you. Then mention that it takes a village to raise a child, and at this point you can mention the principal, teachers, etc. Be modest and say that without their help you would have not been able to accomplish as much as you did.

Best Answer

Always use your own words. Keep it short and light-hearted. Thank them for the award and perhaps mention the daily work the school does throughout the year, through ups and downs, and say they also deserve an award!

Anonymous

Use your own words - always best - to say thanks for the award, and mention the people who particularly helped you. Then include the rest of the school people and say that they all deserve awards for their day in and day out work in educating children.

Make it short and light-hearted!

Begin by acknowleging the principal and teachers, etc. Thank them for the recognition and then, let them know that you receive great joy from contributing to your granddaughter's school so much, that is very much a reward in itself.

I echo all the previous entries PLUS I would invite every child there to take the next moment TO TURN AND THANK THEIR SPECIAL PERSON IS WHO IS WITH THEM THERE.
That is a win-win for everyone!