Spiced Tea Mix Recipes

Making your own custom tea blends can be fun and delicious. This page contains spiced tea mix recipes.

Here's the recipe for one of the gift mix jars I will be giving for Christmas. I saw many soups, drinks, and cookie mixes at a gift show a week or so ago. They took canning jars, covered the tops with fabric edged with pinking shears and tied with a ribbon. They looked lovely and were selling for $8 - 10 a jar. Anybody else have mix recipes?

Spiced Tea Mix

Mix drink mix, sugar and spices. Label and store in tightly covered container at room temperature, no longer than 6 months.

To serve: For each serving mix 3 teaspoons spiced tea mix and 1 cup boiling water in mix until mix is dissolved. Garnish each with a twist of lemon or orange peel and a cinnamon stick if desired.

Makes about 5-1/4 cups mix.

Anita from Philadelphia

Combine Tang, cinnamon, cloves, and other spices with black tea for making a delicious hot or cold drink. This is a guide about spiced tea recipe using Tang.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Can anyone give tips on making spiced teas without using powdered drinks? We especially like Constant Comment, which has a black tea base with spices and orange.

Also, what is the best way to prepare and store homegrown mint for mint tea?
Thanks!

By Mary Jo from MA

Answers

I was gifted with two teas that suit your question. One was a China black tea with ginger (dried cubed /tiny cube) and some cinnamon stick. The other had dried orange and lemon (peel and pulp)and vanilla (either flavoring or bit of pod, I couldn't tell). Constant Comment might have some cloves, etc, in it. Google it.

I dry my mint and then keep it in a glass spice bottle. I then fill a tea ball with the mint and steep it in a cup of hot water for a cup of tea.