Spicy Orange Garlic Chicken
Marinate chicken pieces in garlic, orange and spices to make this delicious dinner. It's fancy enough for a dinner party but easy enough for weeknights.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy-to-make orange chicken that's packed with a spicy punch. Marinating it ahead of time really makes it zesty and tender. I used half a chicken for this recipe. It is easy to double for a whole chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating time
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 oranges
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce like Sriracha
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- half a chicken cut into pieces
- Squeeze juice from the 3 oranges. Grate in zest from 1 or 2 of them. Grate in garlic.
- Stir in hot sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. I used about 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 a teaspoon of pepper. Mix in oil.
- Place chicken in marinade. Cover and leave in fridge for at least 4 hours, up to overnight. Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature. Bake in preheated 375 F oven for about 30 minutes, until internal temperature is 165 F.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.