Spicy Taco Beef Mix with Corn and Beans
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
You don't have to buy pre-packaged taco mix, you can make your own with spices you may already have at home. This is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 people
- 3/4 tsp red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3 pinch salt
- 3 pinch black pepper
- 1 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2.5-3 lb ground beef
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- shredded cheese
- corn tortillas
- Chop onions and garlic.
- All dried spices in a bowl red pepper (cayenne), smoked paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Over medium heat, in a large pan cook onions and garlic until lightly browned.
- Pour the spices in. Stir and combine to cook for about a minute.
- Add ground beef. I used 1.34 lb. Use spoon and break up ground beef while you cook. Cook until meat is done, about 5-6 minutes.
- For filling, I chopped tomatoes, used corn and canned black beans.
- Warm your soft taco and ready to assemble your taco with beef, black beans, corn, shredded cheese and any other ingredients you want to add to the mix.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.